Voters will receive an email the day each vote opens. In that email will be a link to the voting website. Voters must have email@example.com on their white list to accept emails. The email will detail how long voters will have to make their selection via the online voting system.
1. The Biletnikoff Award candidate must be an active collegiate receiver (any player who receives a thrown pass) at an NCAA Division lA college or university.
2. He must not have been declared to be ineligible to participate in Division lA football by the NCAA at the time of any vote of the Biletnikoff Award’s National Selection Committee.
3. He must not have been declared to be ineligible to participate in Division lA football by the candidate’s college or university at the time of any vote of the Biletnikoff Award’s National Selection Committee.
4. He must display leadership and self-discipline; and he must have a significant, positive impact on his team’s success.
5. He must display a commitment to be the best player he can be.
In addition, other relevant factors and procedures (such as the ones identified below) may be considered by voters during the selection process.
1. Any voter may write in any receiver not provided on the Foundation ballot through the vote for the three finalists. There is a designated space on the ballot for writing in candidates.
2. A voter may consider the quality of the candidate’s opposing teams.
The Foundation, when appropriate, will add receivers to the Biletnikoff Award Watch List (based upon performance and criteria as outlined on the website) without prejudice up to the commencement of voting by the Biletnikoff Award National Selection Committee.
All voters for the Biletnikoff Award consist of sports writers and commentators who cover college football on a national, regional, or conference level, past award winners of the Biletnikoff Award, and distinguished receivers of the past. The Fan Vote posted on the website will count as one additional vote during each voting period for the semifinalists, finalists and winner. Foundation Trustees are not eligible to vote. The Foundation does not reveal the vote of any individual selection committee member; however, any selection committee member may reveal his own vote.
All votes will be submitted electronically via an online ballot voting system supervised by a prominent CPA firm.