Who Will Be the 10 Semifinalists, the 3 Finalists, and the Winner of the 2015 Biletnikoff Award? | 2015 Biletnikoff Award and Watch List | Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Please Register or Sign In and Post.

Print Friendly
A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Website Protected by Spam Master

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS Avatar_Biletnikoff
Who Will Be the 10 Semifinalists, the 3 Finalists, and the Winner of the 2015 Biletnikoff Award?
October 1, 2015
8:11 am
Hot Sports Chick
Members
Forum Posts: 53
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Checking the watch list, with Tuesday's additions, I believe that the 10 semifinalists, from a great receiving corps, will be:

1. Tyler Boyd, who according to BA eligibility criteria, could not be on the earlier watch list as he was suspended from the team and had been charged with a serious crime, but who was added Tuesday for following his court-ordered terms (see eligibility and voting criteria on web site)

2. Josh Doctson

3. Travin Dural

4. JuJu "Jujubes" Smith-Schuster

5. Rashard Higgins

6. Christian Kirk

7. Sterling Shepard

8. Nelson Spruce

9. Corey Coleman

10. Leonte Caroo, KD Cannon, Roger Lewis or Will Fuller will fill the 10th semifinalist slot. Fuller is not helped by the obnoxious Notre Dame sports dept. and Chris "No Golden Tongue" Golic, who cannot get over Fuller's omission from the 2015 BA watch list.

DUH, at the time the 2015 BA watch list was turned over to the distinguished Biletnikoff Award voters (now 312 in number--and are they a talented group) on November 8, 2014, Fuller stood at about 43rd in receiving. He did have some good games after that, but the Biletnikoff National Selection Committee did not feel he was worthy and did not add him to the Foundation's final watch list. No way he would have even been a semifinalist last year given the quality of the top 15 receivers.

So Notre Dame, winner of exactly 1, yes 1, National Championship in 36 years and the most grossly overhyped and obnoxious team in sports history, will keep tweeting Will Fuller stuff at the Biletnikoff Award, whose trustees cannot vote, which is really gonna make the real 312 voters so happy and disposed toward Fuller. Yeah, rigghhtt!!

And Chris Golic, who looks so much like Bob Golic, that they must be twins, is still lashing out at the Biletnikoff Award, while crying in her moonshine at weight watchers, about the greatest injustice in sports history--not putting 43rd ranked receiver Will Fuller on the BA watch list!!! Well, know what, Golic twin? The National Selection Committee thought so highly  (NOT!) of your pet Will that they refused to add him to the watch list.

Finalists: JuJu, Higgins, and Doctson

2015 Winner: Doctson

Print Friendly
October 24, 2015
10:07 am
keggythekeg
Members
Forum Posts: 65

Predicted finish for semifinalists (top 10) by ballot of the 312 voters of the Biletnikoff Award National selection Committee (I just read the voters' names--what an awesome group---top commentators, journalists, and former players that are superior to all awards, save the Heisman Trophy! Wow, just wow!). I am disappointed Rashard Higgins started the season injured and just hasn't got going. He had a great 2014 season en route to being a BA finalist.

Josh Doctson of TCU

Corey Coleman of Baylor

JuJu Smith-Schuster of Southern Cal

Roger Lewis of Bowling Green State

Keyarris Garrett of Tulsa

Jakeem Grant of  Texas Tech

Aaron Burbridge of Michigan State

Trent Taylor of LA Tech

Taywan Taylor of Western Kentucky

Tajae Sharpe of UMass

Doctson, Coleman , and Smith-Schuster as the 3 finalists.

Doctson as the 2015 Biletnikoff Award winner!

Print Friendly
October 31, 2015
5:16 pm
DrPopper
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Pitt's Tyler Boyd at 9.2 yards a catch and Notre Damer Will Fuller with only 32 catches are out of the running.

Print Friendly
October 31, 2015
9:01 pm
StanfordIndian64
Members

Either Doctson or Coleman is worthy, giving the Big 12 the lead all-time in BA winners.

Lewis of Bowling Green is having a tremendous year, but strength of schedule ( lack of strength) will hurt him.

Print Friendly
November 2, 2015
8:19 am
keggythekeg
Members
Forum Posts: 65

StanfordIndian64 said
Either Doctson or Coleman is worthy, giving the Big 12 the lead all-time in BA winners.

Lewis of Bowling Green is having a tremendous year, but strength of schedule ( lack of strength) will hurt him.

Doctson or Coleman. Doctson is having a superior season (better than Coleman's with Doctson's having 71 catches for 1250 yards and Coleman's having only 47 catches and about 300 less yards in 1 fewer game) with a more difficult season so far. Baylor has a tougher closing 5 games compared to TCU's four.

Print Friendly
November 2, 2015
10:02 am
WalkingGator
Members
Forum Posts: 4

Doctson, Coleman, and either Lewis or JuJu Smith-Schuster. JuJu's USC has a much tougher strength of schedule than Lewis's Bowling Green. I would therefore give JuJu the nod, with Doctson winning out.

Print Friendly
November 2, 2015
11:30 am
puntrooski
Members

10 Semifinalists: Doctson, Lewis, Taylor, Garrett, Sharpe or Marks, Coleman, JuJu, Grant, Treadwell & Burbridge.

Three Finalists: Doctson, Coleman, and JuJu

Winner: Doctson

Print Friendly
November 2, 2015
12:53 pm
mcfly85
Members

puntrooski said
10 Semifinalists: Doctson, Lewis, Taylor, Garrett, Sharpe or Marks, Coleman, JuJu, Grant, Treadwell & Burbridge.

Three Finalists: Doctson, Coleman, and JuJu

Winner: Doctson

Agree. I would sub Marks for Sharpe. Marks has 11 TDs to Sharpe's 4, as well as a slightly better average yards per catch: 12.7 to 11.1. WashState has a much tougher schedule by far, also.

Print Friendly
November 3, 2015
7:42 pm
kendra12
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Christian Kirk #3

Frosh from A&M  should be the winner of the 2015 Biletnikoff Award! 

Roll Tide CKirk!! 

Print Friendly
November 3, 2015
9:38 pm
NoFumbler
Members
Forum Posts: 3

kendra12 said
Christian Kirk #3

Roll Tide CKirk!! 

Welcome, Kendra!

Kirk is a fine athlete, but he is only 34th in receiving yards with only 4 TDs.

Not this year.

He is not even gonna be one of the 10 semifinalists.

Fine player, though.

Print Friendly
November 4, 2015
12:23 pm
SpearThrower
Members

NoFumbler said

kendra12 said
Christian Kirk #3

Roll Tide CKirk!! 

Welcome, Kendra!

Kirk is a fine athlete, but he is only 34th in receiving yards with only 4 TDs.

Not this year.

He is not even gonna be one of the 10 semifinalists.

Fine player, though.

Agree. Kirk will be awesome next year.

Print Friendly
November 4, 2015
1:13 pm
waterboy
Members

Biletnikoff Award Watch List as of November 4, 2015. Tremendous talent here. Is this not the most talented position in college football? I think so.

http://biletnikoffaward.com/20.....watch-list

Print Friendly
November 4, 2015
11:06 pm
mcfly85
Members

waterboy said
Biletnikoff Award Watch List as of November 4, 2015. Tremendous talent here. Is this not the most talented position in college football? I think so.

Doctson and Coleman in that order. Baylor has 5 games to go and TCU has 4. Each team plays OU and OKState and each other. Brutal schedules.

Print Friendly
November 8, 2015
9:48 am
Stickem
Members

mcfly85 said

waterboy said

Doctson and Coleman in that order. Baylor has 5 games to go and TCU has 4. Each team plays OU and OKState and each other. Brutal schedules.

Doctson was hurt halfway through the OKState game and still leads the nation in receiving yards. If he can come back, he will be a finalist. Same with Corey Coleman. Then it gets dicey, but I expect JuJu smith-Schuster to be the 3rd finalist.

My 10 semifinalists:

Doctson

Lewis

Coleman

JuJu

Taywan Taylor

Sharpe

Treadwell

Garrett

Burbridge

Grant

Print Friendly
November 11, 2015
5:11 pm
HookEm
Members
Forum Posts: 2

TCU's Doctson before that "late hit" injury to his hand/wrist looked like the winner.

Now it looks like Coleman. 20 TDs ain't beanbag!

I still like Doctson as a finalist if he comes back soon. The third finalist should be USC's JuJu Smith-Schuster, because he is having a fine year playing one of the toughest schedules in the country--14th. Alabama, of the top 15 teams in the CFP rankings, has the toughest schedule--at #5. Next is Southern Cal at 14th.

Print Friendly
November 11, 2015
5:21 pm
Wishbone
Members
Forum Posts: 6

My semifinalists in order:

Coleman

Doctson

Smith-Schuster

Lewis

Treadwell

Garrett

Burbridge

Grant

Sharpe

Taywan Taylor

My finalists in order: Coleman, Doctson (if he comes back soon) & Smith-Schuster

Winner: Coleman, but Doctson was having a greater season against much tougher schedule than Coleman, before Doctson's injury against Oklahoma State.

Print Friendly
November 13, 2015
9:11 am
NoPotato
Members

Can Coleman win the Heisman Trophy?

http://bleacherreport.com/arti.....-candidate

Print Friendly
November 13, 2015
9:14 am
Vanessa
Members

Wishbone said
My semifinalists in order:

Coleman

Doctson

Smith-Schuster

Lewis

Treadwell

Garrett

Burbridge

Grant

Sharpe

Taywan Taylor

My finalists in order: Coleman, Doctson (if he comes back soon) & Smith-Schuster

Winner: Coleman, but Doctson was having a greater season against much tougher schedule than Coleman, before Doctson's injury against Oklahoma State.

Josh Doctson will play tomorrow, November 14, according to TCU sports information.

Print Friendly
November 15, 2015
8:49 am
BroylesWasBest
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Doctson, Coleman, and Ju Ju Smith-Schuster as finalists. Coleman was shut down big time by Oklahoma last night. Doctson looks like he is hurt, but still playing. JuJu because of the strength of schedule. Why Coleman is a supposed Heisman candidate and Doctson is not surprises me.

Coleman will probably win unless Doctson has a strong and superior to Coleman closing to season, but injury to Boykin makes that unlikely.

Print Friendly
November 16, 2015
10:19 pm
Punjab
Members

BroylesWasBest said
Doctson, Coleman, and Ju Ju Smith-Schuster as finalists. Coleman was shut down big time by Oklahoma last night. Doctson looks like he is hurt, but still playing. JuJu because of the strength of schedule. Why Coleman is a supposed Heisman candidate and Doctson is not surprises me.

Coleman will probably win unless Doctson has a strong and superior to Coleman closing to season, but injury to Boykin makes that unlikely.

Okay,10 semifinalists out tomorrow.

My take: Top 3 are Coleman, Doctson, and Smith-Schuster.

Next 7 in no order are Braverman, Lewis, Treadwell (because he is the only credible SEC candidate and the Dixie guys gotta vote for a known quality, even though Tready's yards per catch is poor relative other receivers), Sharpe, Garrett, Burbridge (only boring BIG10 candidate), and Fuller.

Fuller? How? Only 47 catches and he disappeared against Clemson (2 catches for 37 yards) and not good against Temple or Wake Forest. Well, sports fans, hate to break it to you, but Notre Dame, as overrated as it has been for 37 years, and as hated it is by most, has every Catholic sportswriter praying for them. Seriously, look at the jokes from ND who have won the Heisman. So, Fuller. But if Fuller eventually beats out any of the top 3 above for finalist, the Biletnikoff Award ought to cleanse itself of any voter who puts the Irish above his own integrity. Seriously.

Print Friendly
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 33

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 263