Who Will Be the 10 Semifinalists, the 3 Finalists, and the Winner of the 2015 Biletnikoff Award? | Page 2 | 2015 Biletnikoff Award and Watch List | Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Please Register or Sign In and Post.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Website Protected by Spam Master

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS Avatar_Biletnikoff
Who Will Be the 10 Semifinalists, the 3 Finalists, and the Winner of the 2015 Biletnikoff Award?
November 17, 2015
8:50 am
DrPopper
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Punjab said

BroylesWasBest said
Doctson, Coleman, and Ju Ju Smith-Schuster as finalists. Coleman was shut down big time by Oklahoma last night. Doctson looks like he is hurt, but still playing. JuJu because of the strength of schedule. Why Coleman is a supposed Heisman candidate and Doctson is not surprises me.

Coleman will probably win unless Doctson has a strong and superior to Coleman closing to season, but injury to Boykin makes that unlikely.

Okay,10 semifinalists out tomorrow.

My take: Top 3 are Coleman, Doctson, and Smith-Schuster.

Next 7 in no order are Braverman, Lewis, Treadwell (because he is the only credible SEC candidate and the Dixie guys gotta vote for a known quality, even though Tready's yards per catch is poor relative other receivers), Sharpe, Garrett, Burbridge (only boring BIG10 candidate), and Fuller.

Fuller? How? Only 47 catches and he disappeared against Clemson (2 catches for 37 yards) and not good against Temple or Wake Forest. Well, sports fans, hate to break it to you, but Notre Dame, as overrated as it has been for 37 years, and as hated it is by most, has every Catholic sportswriter praying for them. Seriously, look at the jokes from ND who have won the Heisman. So, Fuller. But if Fuller eventually beats out any of the top 3 above for finalist, the Biletnikoff Award ought to cleanse itself of any voter who puts the Irish above his own integrity. Seriously.

Here is the list of the 10 semifinalists (Good job, Punjab!):
Semifinalists for the 2015 Biletnikoff Award are as follows (in alphabetical order):

Player
School
Corey Coleman Baylor University
Josh Doctson Texas Christian University
William Fuller University of Notre Dame
Roger Lewis Bowling Green State University
Gabe Marks Washington State University
Tajae Sharpe University of Massachusetts
Sterling Shepard University of Oklahoma
JuJu Smith-Schuster University of Southern California
Taywan Taylor Western Kentucky University
Laquon Treadwell University of Mississippi

Fuller and Marks? No Sperbeck, Braverman or Grant?

I am sure that Brett Friedlander, idiot extraordinaire (a voter who still does not read the BA candidate eligibility and voting criteria-- he had no clue why Sammy Watkins or Tyler Boyd---both suspended from their own teams---were not on BA pre-season watch lists---LOL), will now criticize the inclusion of Fuller, only 19th nationally  in receiving yards with only 47 catches. Notre Dame. Right. The idiot is a voter and he does not realize that nobody at the BA votes. LOL. Dunce.

November 17, 2015
1:56 pm
OUfan
Members
Forum Posts: 3

As much as I love the Sooners, no one can touch Coleman, Doctson, and JuJu. Shepard has made some great plays for OU last and this year, for sure.

November 19, 2015
12:24 pm
FrogNation
Members

OUfan said
As much as I love the Sooners, no one can touch Coleman, Doctson, and JuJu. Shepard has made some great plays for OU last and this year, for sure.

TCU is bruised and banged up and the news got worse Wednesday when coach Gary Patterson announced that star receiver Josh Doctson will be out for the remainder of the regular season.

I still believe he has an excellent chance of being a finalist. He is first nationally in receiving yards , very high in receptions, second in TDs with 14, and 2nd in reception yardage per game.

November 22, 2015
10:49 am
KO
Members
Forum Posts: 5

FrogNation said

OUfan said

Coleman, Doctson, and Treadwell, with Coleman taking the trophy. Fuller and JuJu had disappointing games yesterday. Notre Dame beat Boston College by 3 points? LOL.

November 23, 2015
6:43 am
RoseBowler
Members
Forum Posts: 2

The Biletnikoff Award will announce the 3 finalists on Twitter on Tuesday, November 24, at 5:30 Eastern Standard Time. Can't wait.

Coleman and Doctson for sure. Then, who? JuJu Smith-Schuster, Laquon Treadwell, Roger Lewis?

Personally, I like Treadwell as a tough player in the best, most physical conference (SEC). JuJu has got flash. Lewis has got the stats.

November 29, 2015
9:07 am
Sparty1
Members
Forum Posts: 6

RoseBowler said
The Biletnikoff Award will announce the 3 finalists on Twitter on Tuesday, November 24, at 5:30 Eastern Standard Time. Can't wait.

Coleman and Doctson for sure. Then, who? JuJu Smith-Schuster, Laquon Treadwell, Roger Lewis?

Personally, I like Treadwell as a tough player in the best, most physical conference (SEC). JuJu has got flash. Lewis has got the stats.

Coleman, Doctson and Treadwell. All great choices.

I like Coleman to win it.CoolLaughWinkWinkSmileKiss

November 29, 2015
2:37 pm
Wishbone
Members

Sparty1 said

RoseBowler said

Agree. Coleman became the best receiver when Doctson was injured.

December 1, 2015
9:00 am
cjones22
Members

Wishbone said

Sparty1 said

RoseBowler said

Agree. Coleman became the best receiver when Doctson was injured.

I believe it is Coleman's to win. All 3 finalists are great. Also, Roger Lewis, Sterling Shepard, and JuJu were just a bit behind Treadwell. As someone wrote, receiver is the most stacked position in college football.

December 1, 2015
11:32 am
KendraBaby
Members

Doctson was on his way to having a phenomenal year before his injury. Coleman will win it because he is still standing and is clearly better than Treadwell, who is a fine receiver.

December 1, 2015
12:22 pm
GoArmy
Members

KendraBaby said
Doctson was on his way to having a phenomenal year before his injury. Coleman will win it because he is still standing and is clearly better than Treadwell, who is a fine receiver.

Agree. All three finalists are worthy. Personally, I think JuJu is better than Treadwell. I like Treadwell as a fine player, so I am not terribly disappointed he beat out JuJu.

December 3, 2015
4:50 pm
BellySeries
Members

GoArmy said

KendraBaby said

Agree. All three finalists are worthy. Personally, I think JuJu is better than Treadwell. I like Treadwell as a fine player, so I am not terribly disappointed he beat out JuJu.

Makes sense. All great receivers, esp. CC and JD.  My third choice would have been JuJu, but ,goodness, the SEC defenses are tough, tough, so I understand why LT is a finalist.

December 5, 2015
11:18 am
Dores121
Members

BellySeries said

GoArmy said

KendraBaby said

Makes sense. All great receivers, esp. CC and JD.  My third choice would have been JuJu, but ,goodness, the SEC defenses are tough, tough, so I understand why LT is a finalist.

I am very happy with the three finalists. Keep in mind that there are more outstanding receivers in college than any other position.

December 5, 2015
11:50 am
MaizeandBlue
Members

Coleman and Baylor play Texas today. Dry field and cool weather: a receiver's dream. 12 o'clock noon EST today at Waco, TX.

December 9, 2015
8:29 am
RedRaider
Members

Coleman, Doctson, and Treadwell in that order, with Coleman the winner!

December 19, 2015
8:16 am
StarkyBulldog
Members

RedRaider said
Coleman, Doctson, and Treadwell in that order, with Coleman the winner!

Yes. Coleman and Doctson are dominating the 1st teams of the All America selections, including the big one---AP.

Other semifinalists and finalists are comprising the 2nd and 3rd teams: Treadwell, Lewis, Smith-Schuster, and Fuller (who is way back in receiving yards and catches).

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 33

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 281